For more than two decades, Mothering Magazine has been the source for sound alternatives to mainstream parenting. Now Peggy O’Mara, editor and publisher of Mothering Magazine, brings her knowledge and compassion to a compendium of never-before-published parenting wisdom — and presents, in one convenient volume, a genuinely natural approach to raising our children.
Natural Family Living
The Mothering Magazine Guide to Parenting
An internationally renowned advocate of natural parenting, Peggy O’Mara covers a vast range of timeless and contemporary issues in detail and with authority — from the practical to the philosophical, from preconception to adolescence:
* Embracing a conscious, conscientious pregnancy
* Natural childbirth, homebirth, and midwifery
* Attachment parenting
* Healthful eating for the whole family — and balanced attitudes toward food and diet
* Alternative health care for children, including homeopathy, bodywork, herbal remedies, and aromatherapy
* Family matters: from discipline issues to home entertainment
* Uses and abuses of television, computers, and video games
* Approaches to sexuality
* Home schooling and alternative education.
This groundbreaking book helps parents make informed choices on cutting-edge issues as they strive to create a whole, healthy family environment. Illustrated with photos, and featuring enlightening interviews, Natural Family Living is the only guide authorized by the world’s most savvy parenting publication.