A groundbreaking approach to preventing autismâ€”from a renowned pediatrician.
Something is happening to our children, and Dr. Jay Gordon is determined to stop it. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one in eighty-eight children in the United States is being diagnosed with developmental disorders on the autism spectrum (ASD). The accelerating ASD epidemic parallels industryâ€™s increased use of untested chemicals in manufacturing and our food supply.Â Preventing AutismÂ identifies the toxic environmental triggers that can cause autism in susceptible children. Dr. Gordon presents a practical plan for safeguarding the neurological development of your children, from pre-pregnancy preparation through your babyâ€™s first twenty-four months.
When you are pregnant, everything you experienceâ€”the air you breathe, what you eat and drink, the chemicals to which you are exposed, your emotionsâ€”is shared with your baby. Your childâ€™s health depends on creating an optimal environment for growth before and after birth.Â Preventing Autismpresents a comprehensive program that covers:
- The latest research on the causes of ASD and the relationship between genetic factors and toxins that trigger developmental delays.
- How to reduce toxic exposure from your food, home, clothing, and cleaning and personal care products.
- The male biological clock. Recent research shows that mutations in older sperm contribute significantly to the incidence of autism. The book includes advice on keeping sperm healthy.
- Planning a nursery that is a healthy nest.
- Dietary guidance for moms-to-be, babies, and nursing mothers.
- Dr. Gordonâ€™s sensible approach to decisions about vaccinations.
Preventing Autism offers a plan for eliminating harmful chemicals from your everyday life that can disrupt the development of your baby. Dr. Gordon believes we can combat autism one family at a time.